Metkut (मेतकुट) is a typical Maharashtrian recipe that is healthy and light on stomach. It is made from Rice, Chana Dal and other spices and tastes best when served with soft-steamed rice, ghee (butter) and salt. A very good dish for patients and small children.
Benefits of Metkut
- Aids in digestion
- Provide fast and instant energy
- Regulate and improve bowel movements
- Stabilises blood sugar levels
- Healthy option to baby food
- Take a bowl of hot well cooked rice which is sticky and where a little liquid still remains. Add a few spoonfuls of metkut to it.
- Add a dollop of ghee and salt to taste.
- Mix the rice and Metkut well.